Online Casino Tournaments
Welcome to the online casino tournaments page where we list all of the latest casino tournaments you can find. We also have slots tournaments, blackjack tournaments and video poker tournaments to choose from.
|Casino||Tournament Name / Game||Entry||Prize||Starts||Entry/ Prize/ Starts||Time Left|
Lonesome Whistle Tournament $1200
Enter the Lonesome Whistle Tournament and win a first prize of $600 of the $1200 prize pool!
Game – Cash Caboose
Buy in – $5
Rebuy – $5
Date – Feb 16th to Mar 1st.
Terms and Conditions Apply.
St Patrick Marathon Tournament
Enter the St Patrick Marathon Tournament and win the massive first prize, 30% of the pot!
Game – Lucky Irish
Buy in – $5
Rebuy – $5
Date – Feb 7th to Mar 21st.
Terms and Conditions Apply.
Online Casino Tournaments
Feeling the excitement of a good competition is always what casinos around the world tend to achieve with their games; however, one could imagine that online casinos do not meet this goal, well, if you think that way, let us tell you that you are very far from the truth. Online casinos are always looking for different strategies so players all over the world can take the casino home and have the same experience as if they were playing in a real casino, that is the main reason for online tournaments to be a really popular amongst online casinos on the recent times; every day more and more casino are offering some kind of tournament on their site, this kind of opportunities are a way of attracting more players to the casino and also keeping the interest of old players that are already members of the casino.
If you want to know more about online casino tournaments, we encourage you to keep reading this page. Here you will find the most complete information about online casino tournaments with a full list of current tournaments that you can join immediately. The tournaments of the list include the following games: Slots, Blackjack and Video Poker.
Terminology you should be aware of
Before starting our journey through the world of online casino tournaments, there are some words that you might not be familiar with that can appear constantly on casino’s pages:
- Pot: this represents the total of money that someone can win from a tournament. As more players contribute (with the cost to enter the tournament, their losses or any other way according to the casino’s rules) to this, they are making the payouts to growth even larger. Sometimes the winnings earned from the first place f a tournament can be the total of the pot, a prize pool or even both of them.
- Prize pool: This represents how much money someone can win in a tournament. Usually the prize pool is a set amount shared by the top players.
- Buy-in: This represents the cost of entering a tournament.
- Free Rolls: some tournaments are marked as free rolls; this means that you won’t need to pay in order to enter the tournament.
- Rebuys: Tournaments often offer you the chance to “re-enter” the competition even if you have already lost everything, if this option is available for the selected tournament, you can pay a specified amount and continue playing at the tournament.
What is an Online Casino Tournament?
A casino tournament is an event where players registered at the casino play against each other (using real money) on a selected casino game or games while aiming to win the pot, the pool prize or, in some cases, both! Online casino tournaments are often directed to be played on slot games, blackjack games, poker, video poker and, in some cases, roulette games.
Tournaments are one of the best ways to attract new players to the casino while also giving their recurrent players a motivation to keep playing at the casino (besides their games and promotions). For players a tournament is a great opportunity to win a lot of money while having the fun of a friendly competition against other (real) players and also having extremely flexible wagering requirements for their bets.
Depending of the type of tournament, players must pay an entry fee and exchange it for chips or credits; usually a player will have a limited time or number of games to gambler their chips/credits, the player that wins the most at the end of the tournament’s time is the ultimate winner of the tournament. Even though this is the general view of the rules of any tournament, there can be some changes of the rules from casino to casino, from game to game or from tournament to tournament.
How to participate on an online tournament?
Unlike the bonuses and promotions (excluding the welcome bonus) that a casino offers, tournaments are always a more open event that is specifically designed for casino players; this means that, in order to enter a specific casino tournament you must be a member of the casino, make at least one deposit to count as a real money player before you can participate in the tournament; the next step is choosing the tournament that you would like to participate in.
Once you have successfully enrolled on a tournament, or when you are a member of the casino that host the tournament, you will receive a notification of the upcoming tournament, so you can arrange your schedule in order to use your chips or credits in the best way possible. The casino will inform you about the details of their upcoming tournaments, like for example: the format, prizes, and the qualifying games; tournament progress is often shown in real-time so players can be able to track their records whenever they want to.
Remember that on this very page you have a list with a lot of current available tournaments where you can select the one that interest you more. Also, if you follow us on our social media: Facebook and Twitter or you join our newsletter, you will be always informed when we update this list’s information, this is a great way to make sure that you won’t miss any new post we made and you can keep up with the latest news related to gambling, casinos, bonuses and many more.
Types of Online Casino tournaments
There are many types of online casino tournaments and some of them might be confusing, especially if you are a new player who wants to enroll on a tournament for the first time. If you don’t know what type of tournament to choose, you don’t know what the different types of tournaments are, or you just want to know more about the available tournament types, then, Casino Bonuses Now offers you a simplified yet very complete list of all of the available online tournament types:
- Knockout or survival tournaments: These kinds of tournaments are often seen in card games like poker; here players play head to head in order to win the big prize. Instead of waiting for the end of the tournament in survival or knockout tournaments players can eliminate each other at any time, of course this represents a limitation when you want to climb up to the top after you has some bad luck with your bets. Sometimes there is even elimination rounds where the player with the lowest score of each round is eliminate from the tournament, finally the last man standing is the sole winner of the whole tournament (but there are always prizes for the top players regardless). These are one of the most common types of tournaments as players all over the world love to compete against each other.
- Buy-ins or extended tournaments: this is a “relaxed” version of a tournament, in buy-in tournaments you won’t automatically loose when you run out of founds or have lost it all due to misfortune… in these kind of tournament you have something like unlimited chances to get back into the tournament if you pay a fee to re-enter it. Buy-in or extended tournaments are directed more to players that want to climb up a ladder and be the “king at the top of the hill” for the most time, at the end of the tournament time the player or the players with the highest score win the big prize.
- Time-based or Bet-based tournaments: this kind of tournaments are very common for slot games; at this tournaments (as it name implies) you will have a time limit or a bet limit in order to get the best score possible and get the big prize. One important thing about time-based or bet-based tournaments is that you should play all of your chips/credits, because, at the end of the tournament the only important thing to have is your wins in order to get the great prize.
- Sit n’ Go tournaments: this kind of tournament don’t often have a starting time (but they do have a starting date) as they start as soon as there are a determined number of players that have signed in for the tournament. These types of tournaments are also known as instantaneous tournaments because they announce the winners and the prizes as soon as the competition is over.
- Free tournaments or free rolls: As the name implies these kinds of tournaments doesn’t require any previous deposit in order to join them. These are very typical tournaments with simple rules and medium sized prized that might include a casino bonus of some kind.
- Regular tournaments: Some casinos offer weekly or monthly tournaments, in some special cases, they even offer daily tournaments; usually the regular tournaments are used to promote a certain game or games and they don’t necessarily involve direct competition between players (at least not a face to face kind of competition). The rules for this tournament are very simple: the player with the most points at the end of the tournament’s period wins; prizes are often given to the top players and not only to the first one.
- Ticket based tournaments: these tournaments can be seen as exclusive events as you will need an invitation from the casino in order to join; regularly these kind of tournaments are a part of a casino’s VIP or loyalty rewards program as a way to thank their most loyal and recurrent players. These sorts of events often offer more prizes than just money, sometimes prizes such as smartphones, laptops and even trips to some part of the world are offered.
- High roller tournaments: from time to time some casinos might offer special events for players that make big bets and are not afraid to bet hard and win huge prizes in the way.
Types of Online Casino tournament prizes
Tournaments can also be sorted by the type of prizes that they offer; here you will find a brief list of these types:
- Prize pot tournaments: the prize earned form this kind of tournaments is based on the total (or a specified amount) of the entry fees.
- Fixed pot tournaments: the prize or prizes is determined before the players pay the entry fee.
- Free tournaments: these tournaments are just for fun; usually casinos that offer this kind of tournament will reward their players with special offers or bonuses.
5 Reasons why you should try an online casino tournament
If you are still not convinced to try an online casino tournament, then, Casino Bonuses Now will give you 5 reasons to do it now:
- Larger prize pot: compared to regular games or “solo” games, tournaments are the best way to win tons of money really fast.
- Fixed entry fees: unlike playing regular games where you have to bet in order to “see” if you get a prize or not, tournaments in most of the times have fixed entry fees, so, according to your abilities, you can know exactly how much money you would have to spend in order to bring the big prize home with you.
- Extended play for no additional cost: tournaments always have a time limit, but this does not mean that you have to pay extra to play, so you can enjoy a more time playing a game that you would playing normally.
- Competition is fun and a way to improve your skills as a player: almost every top player in the world recommends that, if you want to improve your skills on a game, tournaments are always the best option to do so, as they represent real challenges against real players from all over the world.
- Feeling the thrill without leaving your home: online casino tournaments are the best way to feel the experience of a real competition without the tedious need of leaving your home and going to a casino.
10 Casinos that offer online casino tournaments
Here is a list of 10 casinos that regularly offer tournaments and that we recommend:
- BitStarz Casino
- 888 Casino
- Intertops Casino
- SlotoCash Casino
- VideoSlots Casino
- Drake Casino
- Betsson Casino
- 777 Casino
- Party Casino
- Red Stag Casino
If you want to know more about these casinos in particular, you should check our casino reviews, there you will find all of these casino details and more.
Recommendations and tips
Here we will present you some tips if you want to become the best at playing at the different kind of tournaments that are available:
- Being late can be the best answer: most of the time when a tournament has just started many of the participants just want to jump into the action right away because they have a strong believe that being there for the most time is the best way to have more chances of winning the big prize; however on the case of slot tournaments, for example, being the first player there will not always be the right play, it is a very common thing that when a tournament just started and, with the massive amount of players trying to play the same game at the same time, can make the casino’s servers to slow down (and in the worst cases to collapse), so, veterans players recommend to wait 10 or 20 minutes before entering a tournament that just opened.
- Always go for the max bet: we kind of mentioned this already, but is very common to see players too afraid to “loose” that they forgot that the chips or credits given at the start of the tournament won’t go back to your rollover as the tournament has ended and, it is also very common that a tournament ends and many players still have a lot of founds to keep playing.
- Misfortune comes in the worst times: tournaments are very repetitive, as you have to play over and over the same game, that is why that you should have a schedule to play or a way to keep your mind focused for long times, if you don’t do this, then you can become fatigued and, before you even notice, you will lose everything you had achieved so far.
If you want to keep up with the latest bonuses, promotions, tournaments, affiliate programs, casino reviews, news and many more we encourage you to follow us in our twitter and Facebook accounts or joining to our newsletter so 2020 can be the year that you win big-time.